Who remembers the 1991 movie LA Story? For those who might be a little younger than us, it is a film that manages to be a fantasy AND a romantic comedy (google it!). A beautifully crafted movie about love, life and how it is possible to find the right person in your life…eventually!
One of the most memorable scenes from the movie is the LA style of ordering coffee which potentially sparked off the ‘custom coffee order’ craze that is still with us today. Here’s how it went:
Tom: I’ll have a decaf coffee.
Trudi: I’ll have a decaf espresso.
Morris Frost: I’ll have a double decaf cappuccino.
Ted: Give me decaffeinated coffee ice cream.
Harris: I’ll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon.
Trudi: I’ll have a twist of lemon.
Tom: I’ll have a twist of lemon.
Morris Frost: I’ll have a twist of lemon.
Cynthia: I’ll have a twist of lemon.
Now that’s memorable don’t you think?
At Nectar Creative Communications – we listen, we are flexible and we offer that special type of service with a twist……and the central element is the memorable success of the event. We can organise events from start to finish, or take care of just one aspect such as:
- Sourcing a venue and negotiating the contract
- Prepare the draft event budget for approval (and sticking to it)
- Recommend and deliver great speakers
- Developing the program theme / topics / story
- Organise the marketing activity and promotion
- Manage the venue logistics
- Managing suppliers for example: lighting, audio visual, caterers, health and safety, event staffing
- Design and styling
- Reviewing and managing risk
- Managing onsite deployment and event success
- Post-event analysis
We are adept at taking the mind-boggling brief and turning it into exactly what our client had in mind. We also love a good combination fantasy / comedy film – and of course as event planners we LOVE coffee!!
And for those who want to walk down memory lane – here’s the clip from LA Story: https://youtu.be/eqqXCiPJTXE